Hello, and happy Tuesday, everybody!
Today I am so, so, SO excited to announce that I have been nominated by the super sweet and amazing Rita over at A Song of Books and Coffee! You should definitely check out her blog for fantastic bookish content!
I really appreciate the nomination and can’t wait to share my answers with all of you, so without further ado, let’s jump right in!
1) What’s your favourite genre and why?
I’m going to have to say romance for this one. Almost all my favourite books have at least some romance in them. I just can’t resist a good love story, and gaining a new book boyfriend to obsess over us always a nice bonus to a good romance.
2) How long have you been a reader?
Honestly, I think I’ve been a reader my entire life; I can’t remember a time where I didn’t love to read. My mom used to read to me a lot when I was younger, and sometimes she would make me read to her too. I feel like that played a large role in beginning my love for stories. When I was a bit older I would read in bed every single night and I almost always fell asleep with a book in my hand. I mastered the art of turning pages silently at a very young age so that my parents wouldn’t hear my staying up WAY past my bed time to read.
3) What are you currently reading and how are you liking it so far?
At the moment, I am reading The last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthis Hand, and I am really enjoying it! I’m nearing the end of the book and I can’t wait to finish it!
4) Name a character that you can really relate to and tell us why.
I really related to Katy from the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I feel like Katy is a character that anybody who loves to read and truly relate to because she is book obsessed and even runs her very own book blog! Books and reading are often on her mind and little mentions of books are often slipped in throughout the entire series. which was super cool!
5) Name a character that you absolutely hate and why.
A character that I absoloutley hate would definitely be Jason Grace of the Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan. I found him to be very annoying and extraordinarily arrogant, even though he had absolutley no reason to be. Many people have read the series and adored him, but I just don’t understand what they possibly see in him.
6) Where are you from?
I live in Canada, and I have an Italian heritage.
7) Name a language you would like to learn and why.
As I said in my answer to last question, I’m Italian, so I would love to learn how to speak Italian. Also, since I live on Canada, I learn French at school and I plan on taking it throughout the rest of high school. Hopefully I will one day be fluent in it!
8) Favourite song at the moment?
At the moment, I’m super obsessed with The 1975’s cover of By Your Side – it’s a truly beautiful song.
9) If you could be anyone in the world – alive or dead, real or fictional – who would you be?
I honestly have no clue. I automatically want to say with Tessa from the Infernal Devices so that I could be with Will or Katy from the Lux series so that I could be with Daemon, but the only reason I do want to be either of them (or anyone really) is so that I could marry my fictional boyfriend. But that’s really only the appealing thing about their lives. Everything else is so dangerous and scary and painful and I wouldn’t want that. I just want their boyfriends. So I don’t really have an answer for this question.
10) Do you like superheroes? If so, who’s your favourite?
I wouldn’t really say that I’m a fan of superheroes, but I’ve seen a decent number of superhero movies and enjoyed most of them. My favourite would probably have to be Captain America.
11) What superpower would you like to have?
Hmm, that’s a tough one. I think I would have to go with the ability to stop time so I would have more time to do the things I love, like read!
I am nominate the following bloggers, who all have and absolutely incredible blogs:
Here are the questions that I have for the five awesome bloggers that I have nominated:
1) If you could only read books from five authors for the rest of your life, which five authors would you choose?
2) Do you normally buy books or borrow them? If you purchase them, what are your favourite stores to shop at?
3) Do you have a favourite picture book from when you were a child?
4) Are there any fictional characters that you are in love with?
5) Who are your favourite music artists?
6) What is your favourite type of chocolate – white, milk, or dark?
7) Other than reading, what do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
8) What are your favourite movies and television shows?
9) Who is your favourite Disney character?
10) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
11) If you could have any magical creature as a pet, what would you choose and what would you name it?
Thanks so much for joining me today; I hope you all have a lovely evening!
Find me on Goodreads here.